Hear from our current students:
“My name is KaBaw. I’m a mother of 3 children. I have been in Denver about 9 years, and I work at a daycare center.
I lived in Burma until I was a teenager, and moved to Thai-Burma to live there for a while. I came to the USA through the UN Refugee Agency.
I was so excited to resettle in a new country to start my new life. The first thing that came to me, though, was to find a job to support my family. Second, I needed to learn English if I had the chance. I took some ESL classes, but not enough. I did get a good job, finally.
Personally, I like spring the most of the four seasons. I love to see the different colors and kinds of flowers. They are so beautiful.
I like listening to varied music, and dancing for fun.
In the past nine years, I spent a lot of time working, and taking care of my children. I was too busy to think of my own future. But now, my children are getting older and I can have some time for myself. So I started to think about how to improve my English first, and then achieve some certification to earn more money. So I started to Google about ESL classes, and finally I found the English Learning Center. I read the information several times to make sure of everything.
I chose the ELC because the classes are flexible and suitable, there are enough experienced teachers, and it’s a fun place to improve my English. The ELC is good for all people who are so busy, especially with children. I love my class.
– KaBaw, current level 5 student
At English Learning Center, we:
- welcome all adults who want to learn English
- provide a friendly and welcoming environment
- provide five levels of instruction from beginning to advanced
- have taught students from more than 50 different countries
- provide a social environment where students interact closely with teachers and with other students
- provide a break time where students enjoy refreshments and have an opportunity to meet new students and talk to the teachers.
To celebrate the completion of each session, we organize a party where students can share food and drink. These parties often include singing, dancing and other entertainment activities.